3rd Annual Friends of Note Luncheon to Be Held May 11
Corporate leaders are helping sponsor the NC Symphony’s efforts to bring music education to students across North Carolina. Because the majority of our state’s public schools lack significant arts funding, the NCS bridges this gap in education by performing free concerts for children across the state. Fundraising efforts like “Friends of Note” help cover the cost of these performances and other programs that keep music in children’s lives.
- 40 free educational concerts are performed by the NC Symphony annually
- 55,000 children across the state attend these free concerts
- 4 million school children have been served since 1946
- The NC Symphony may be the only connection many students have to a live symphony orchestra until adulthood or in their lifetime.
- The next “Friends of Note” event will feature a special surprise performance by fourth and fifth grade school children from Orange Charter School, a STEAM school in North Carolina
WHEN: Wednesday, May 11, 2016, 11:30 am – 1:30 pm
WHERE: The Pavilions at the Angus Barn, 9401 Glenwood Avenue, Raleigh
WHO: Corporate leaders of North Carolina
MORE INFO: 919-733-2750 or http://www.ncsymphony.org
Press release provided by the NC Symphony.